Wednesday, February 25, 2009

random things

Nathan is starting to communicate in lots of ways. Jen and I have both seen him deliberately put his arms up when he wants to be picked up. We both are working at teaching him how to say, "Uppy". Actually, I usually tell him to say, "Pick me up, Nana." But that's the English teacher in me that compels me to do that. I love the cute things little kids say, but I have to teach them the right way to say it.

I took Nathan for a walk in his stroller today. It was 53 degrees and sunny. We only walked around the block - which takes about 7 minutes. But still. We were outside, he was in his stroller, and I was happy about it.

Even though it was that warm today, there was still some snow on the ground. There was some across the sidewalk in several places. Blue sky, warm air, and slushy sidewalks.

Nathan's stroller is his car seat that fits onto a base. We put him in it reclined, which is great for tiny babies. There is a hood at both ends that goes up over the baby to block wind or rain or sun if necessary. But the seat can be turned around so he can sit up and see where we are going. We will try that configuration next time.

Today he could see some toys dangling over his head, and he could see me, but that's about it. He was happy enough most of the time, but was getting squirmy and starting to fuss by the time we got back to the house. I'm hoping the next time it is warm enough for us to get out, he likes it better. I think he will if he can see where we are going.

Just in going around the one block, I saw a park with a playground. Sweet! I can imagine him, in a year or two, asking me to take him to the park. That will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment